Thousands of individuals have successfully quit smoking, and you can too – so make this year your new beginning. If you smoke and wish to quit, there are free NHS tools and support available to assist you. If you live in the United Kingdom, your local stop smoking team is available to help you every step of the way. Contact them to determine what will work best for you. https://www.nhs.uk/better-health/quit-smoking/find-your-local-stop-smoking-service/
Quitting smoking has numerous health benefits, including increased energy. You'll also have more money; someone who quits smoking 20 cigarettes per day saves roughly £91.00 per week, or £4745.00 per year. (Calculate your savings - https://www.nhsinform.scot/stopping-smoking/calculate-my-savings )
Five essential success tips:
- Choose a quit date and mark it on your calendar.
- Make a list of your reasons for quitting.
- To help manage urges, use stop smoking aids.
- Adjust your routine if you smoke at specific times of the day.
- Inform people you're quitting and call the stop smoking team for help, including e-cigarettes
Do you require additional motivation?
The NHS Stop Smoking app, a Facebook support group, an online Personal Quit Plan, and guidance on stop smoking aids, including information on how vaping can help you quit smoking, are all free resources for anyone trying to quit.